Mandala Monday (with a little Macro Monday for good measure)

Image

It was only in the high 80s tonight, so I worked on my mandala outside. I let some of my greens go to seed (oops) so I decided to use some of them for my mandala. My lily is full of blooms that are all about a day away from wilting, so I was willing to pick one of them, too. I took a few stones from my rock garden and here you have it:

Image

While I was working, a cute little pincher bug crawled up onto one of my lettuce leaves. He just kind of hung out with me for a while. And I love the close-up of the lily. ImageImage

When I was done, I just tossed the salad into my yard. I’m not sure what the dogs thought about it (I think it was too bitter even for them). Next time I mow it will just get mulched up with the clippings. The circle of life.IMG_6884 IMG_6883

My two favorite Mandala bloggers both had beautiful offerings this week. They almost make me look forward to Mondays (almost).

http://girlunwinding.wordpress.com/2013/07/15/mandala-mondayhoneycomb-mandala/ – I love Dawn’s detail and precision. I could really get lost in her mandalas (which is, I guess, the point).

http://bitze.wordpress.com/2013/07/15/mandala-monday-make-mine-a-double/ – Patty’s mandalas are much more soft and pretty. I also love the way she uses linens and china in the staging.

Advertisements

13 thoughts on “Mandala Monday (with a little Macro Monday for good measure)

1. beverlydyer says:

Really like your lettuce mandala! Thanks for visiting the Art Prescription!

2. shazzarob says:

My dog will eat everything….but salad. πŸ™‚
    If you are interested there is a teacup candle giveaway on my blog. Shameless plug!

3. Your mandala today really speaks to me…the lettuces are such beautiful colors and shapes…
    the stones make a nice anchor and that lily
    oooo it’s a beauty
    your photo of the pincher bug is amazing too

thanks so much for your kind words … there is magic in mandala’s…something peaceful that makes me feel connected to nature

so glad Dawn started inspiring us back when with her amazing mandalas
    oxo
    p.s. your ‘before’ picture with the colander is extra cool too…I want the weather you’re having…it’s like a sauna here in N VA…felt like 100 today … that is a cute clean up crew you have there … just looked at your bug by clicking on the photo WOWEE!!!

• craftymadre says:

Thank you so much. I got the “before” picture idea from you, of course. I don’t always make time to make the mandalas by hand, but when I do I always feel great doing it. I guess that says something about priorities. Why not prioritize something that I know is going to make me feel great? Seeing yours is always so inspirational, though.

4. Your mandala today really speaks to me…the lettuces are such beautiful colors and shapes…
    the stones make a nice anchor
    and that lily
    oooo it’s a beauty
    your photo of the pincher bug is amazing too

so glad Dawn started inspiring us back when with her amazing mandalas
    oxo

5. *Wisher* says:

this is a beautiful creation to get connected with nature.. and what a lovely sight of the pitcher bug as a visitor too.. πŸ˜€

6. sullimaybe says:

Beautiful. Where have mandalas been all my life?

7. dawnsrays says:

Awe, thank you for the compliment. I appreciate that you appreciate them. I love getting lost in the making of them. I also love that after you were done with your yummy mandala, you gave it back to the yard. Some critter will be very very happy. It is always pretty cool to see some of the creatures that come to visit while you are working with nature. “well,hello pincher bug”
    ~Peace

I'd love to hear what you think!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s